- Conference "Mathematical results of many-body quantum systems", Herrsching near Munich (June 6-11, 2022).
- Mathematical Physics Seminar, University of Tübingen (July 7, 2022)
- Workshop "Effective theories in classical and quantum particle systems", SwissMAP Research Station, Les Diablerets, Switzerland (June 18-23, 2023).
Past Scientific Talks
Describing Quantum Correlations in the Fermi Liquid by Bosonization.
- ICMP 2021, Geneva (2-7 August 2021)
Bosonization of Fermionic Many-Body Dynamics.
- INdAM Quantum Meetings IQM22 Workshop I, Politecnico di Milano (March 9, 2022)
- Online conference "Mathematics of Condensed Matter and Beyond", Beirut, Libanon (23 February 2021)
- Online seminar, University of Paris–Saclay, France (11 February 2021)
Effective Theories in Many-Body Quantum Mechanics: an introduction and overview of recent developments.
- Assemblea GNFM / Assembly of the National Group of Mathematical Physics Italy, Montecatini (May 5-7, 2022)
- Online seminar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil (30 July 2020)
- Researcher Day, University of Milan (18 February 2020)
Correlation energy of a weakly interacting Fermi gas, as obtained by bosonizing collective particle-hole pair excitations. This provides the corresponding lower bound to the results presented below, in accordance with the random phase approximation.
- On-Line QLunch, University of Copenhagen (29 April 2020)
We calculate the correlation energy of the mean-field Fermi gas by bosonizing collective particle-hole pair excitations; this makes the random phase approximation rigorous as an upper bound.
- "CPS-Workshop", University of Mannheim (January 2020)
- Mathematical Physics Seminar, LMU Munich (November 2019)
- Conference "Dynamics, Equations and Applications" (DEA 2019), Kraków (September 2019)
- Conference "QMath 14: Mathematical Results in Quantum Physics", Aarhus University (August 2019)
- Conference "On Mathematical Aspects of Interacting Particle Systems in Low Dimension", FernUniversität Hagen (June 2019)
- Mathematical Physics Seminar, University of Vienna (June 2019)
- Workshop "Mean-Field and other Effective Models in Mathematical Physics", Fondation Les Treilles (May 2019)
- Workshop "Many-body theory, effective equations and PDEs", Mittag-Leffler Institute, The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm (March 2019)
- Seminar at Gran Sasso Science Institute, L'Aquila (7 March 2019)
- Seminar at Università degli Studi Roma Tre (27 November 2018)
- Quantum Lunch, University of Copenhagen, one hour seminar talk (7 November 2018)
- ICMP 2018 Montreal, contributed talk (July 2018)
Reformulation of the Dirac-Frenkel principle in terms of reduced density matrices and application to the derivation of Hartree-Fock and Bogoliubov-de-Gennes equations:
- Spectral Days, Stuttgart, contributed talk (April 2017)
Interaction corrections to spin-wave theory of the ferromagnetic quantum Heisenberg model, and perturbative analysis of spin-waves at low temperature:
- IST Austria, Klosterneuburg (February 2018)
- LMU München (December 2017)
- IST Austria, Klosterneuburg (October 2016)
Derivation of the time-dependent Hartree-Fock equation for pure and mixed fermionic states in the mean-regime, and derivation of the Vlasov equation:
- Seminar Analysis, Math-Phys, and Quantum at SISSA Trieste (December 2016)
- Mathematical Challenges in Quantum Mechanics, Bressanone, contributed talk (February 2016)
- Università degli Studi Roma Tre (September 2015)
- Università degli Studi dell'Insubria, Como (April 2015)
- Quantum Lunch, University of Copenhagen (February 2015)
- Seminar, Università Roma Tre (October 2014)
- Seminar, University of Mannheim (February 2014)
- Warwick Statistical Mechanics Seminar, University of Warwick (December 2013)
- Mathematical Physics Seminar, University of Bristol (December 2013)
- Oberseminar Analysis, University of Stuttgart (November 2013)
Quantitative Derivation of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation:
- The Time-Dependent Gross-Pitaevskii Equation and its Derivation, Fields Institute Toronto (August 2016, invited talk)
- Quantum Lunch Minitalk, Copenhagen (November 2015)
- QMath 12, Berlin (September 2013, contributed talk)
Slides of my PhD defence:
- PhD Defence, University of Bonn (April 2014)
Anderson localization at large disorder on a lattice (method of fractional moments):
- Working group seminar Bonn (June 2012)
Fermionic coherent states with and without Grassmann numbers:
- Working group seminar Bonn (October 2012)
Dynamics of the radiative decay of excited atoms, rate of relaxation:
- Short talk Berlin WIAS (February 2011)
- Blackboard talk Bonn HCM (February 2011)
- Mathematical Physics Seminar Heidelberg + handwritten notes (October 2010)
Existence of asymptotic fields in non-relativistic quantum electrodynamics:
- Working group seminar Stuttgart (July 2010)
Undergraduate Studies: Seminar Talks
In a 2+1 dimensional nonlinear Sigma model with Hopf term there exist
topological excitations (skyrmions), which can have arbitrary spin (not
necessarily integer or half-integer) and arbitrary quantum statistics
(arbitrary phases under permutation
of particles). Skyrmions have be found in experiments, see e.g. X. Z. Yu et al.
A short theoretical introduction to this interesting topic can be found in the book "Quantum Field Theory" by Kerson Huang (Wiley 1998) in the chapter on topological excitations.
Physics talks (in German) at the "Naturwissenschaftliches Kolleg" of the Studienstiftung (German National Academic Foundation).
- Quantitative Derivation of the Gross-Pitaevskii Equation (November 2012)
- Exact Renormalisation Group and Asymptotic Safety of Gravity (November 2011)
- Homotopie-Gruppen für Physiker, Anyonen in 2+1 Dimensionen (Oktober 2010)
- Konforme Feldtheorie (April 2010)
- Majorana-Spinoren (September 2008)
- Farbladungsspiel (September 2008)
- Das Wu-Experiment (April 2008)